Software that is hard to beat
From lift user interfaces to data centre energy management, you will find BitBox code on the frontline of numerous critical industries. Why? Our embedded software engineers are experts in software design and implementation and are committed technology agnostics. In other words, we will always use the most appropriate software solution for your specific product.
Code for every application
Extensive software development experience in many areas including:
- Fully embedded solutions utilising processors ranging from tiny AVRs and PICs to large multi-core devices, including ARM Cortex-M and Cortex-A devices
- Application development for Windows and Linux platforms
- Linux kernel and driver development and deployment
- Web based user interfaces and portals
- IoT solutions and cloud backends
- Database design and implementation
Hit the ground running
Software developers can call on a wealth of accumulated code and infrastructure to accelerate project development:
- Minimalist C runtime libraries for minimising code storage requirements
- Multithreading implementations for complex software flows on constrained devices
- Lightweight networking stack supporting TCP/UDP over IPv4 and IPv6, providing services such as web serving, MQTT, SNMP, Modbus/TCP etc.
- User interfaces for embedded devices with graphical or character displays, touch screens etc.
- GSM/GPS modem interfaces providing remote network connectivity, SMS notifications, global positioning, IoT functionality etc.
- Low power radio interfaces such as LoRa, Zigbee, BLE etc.
- Large collection of drivers for system-on-chip interfaces across a range of processors and a range of functions including high speed interfaces – USB, Ethernet, SD/eMMC, CAN, SPI, I2C, I2S, 1-wire and asynchronous serial interfaces (RS-232, RS-485 etc.)
- Security infrastructure providing secure protocols for communication, firmware updates etc. supporting encryption, authentication and digital signatures
- Linux platform implementations including robust field firmware updates, web user interfaces, high speed data capture and processing etc.
Cutting-edge and cutting costs
We ensure you remain on plan and on budget. Our extensive software code libraries and experience accelerate development – saving you time and money. We keep design costs low for low-volume products and ensure very low-end product prices for high-volume products. Together, we will find the most appropriate and cost-effective solution for your requirements.
Complete peace of mind
Revision control and detailed record keeping provide confidence and quality assurance throughout every project. We use a manufacturing database to ensure complete control and recording of the software installed on each production unit. And all our software designs and implementations are carried out using ISO9001:2015 processes including extensive testing and verification. That is how you know your device is robust, reliable and ready for the real-world.